During active reproductive age, the body of men produces the "auxiliary" hormone inhibin B. Its role is to stimulate the growth of sperm. It works in tandem with follicle-stimulating (FSH) and luteinizing (LH) hormones. As the years pass, the production of inhibin B decreases and after menopause it can disappear completely.
To compensate, levels of the hormones FSH and LH increase. As a result, the background of men changes. In their youth, dihydrotestosterone dominates in the blood, the most active testosterone in terms of desire and possibility of procreation. An age-related decrease in inhibin B synthesis shifts the emphasis towards a decrease in testosterone production. And it begins to transform into its more "active" form more slowly, and as a result, the potency fades.
Increased potency in men after 60 years
It is impossible to predict in advance the effectiveness of measures to stimulate libido in men over 60 years of age. The increase in desire in this case will depend on the severity of age-related changes in hormone levels, the state of the cardiovascular system and other "characteristics" of biological age – not on the "passport age".
But in most cases, the prognosis for increasing male potency is favorable. In any case, if we talk about patients over 60 years of age without "aggravating" diagnoses - prostatitis, adenoma, interventions on the genital organs, child development disorders (cryptorchidism, hydrocele), atherosclerosis above stage 2.
To increase potency in men after 60 it is first necessary to increase the level of active testosterone (as most doctors say). True, after stopping hormonal drugs, the results achieved with their help also disappear. In addition, an excess of sex hormones in the blood of postmenopausal men is fraught with heart attack, stroke or cancer of one of the producing endocrine glands (prostate, testicles, adrenal glands).
Among steroid agents for increasing potency, the most famous is testosterone enanthate. It is produced in a solution for intramuscular injection, used at a dose of 50 mg, once every 14 days. A regimen of 200 mg per month is also possible, but is most often used for men under 60 years of age. Other affordable and accessible solutions include:
- antispasmodics. The only condition is the need to inject it directly into the penile tissues half an hour before sexual intercourse. The idea is that it relaxes the blood vessels that supply the penis and promotes erection;
- adrenergic blockers. Causes relaxation of peripheral vessels. You drink 2-2. 5 milligrams three times a day, during food;
- medications for depression – including dapoxetine, often added to generic medications. It is recommended to use at a dose of 30 mg once a day, an hour or three before sexual intercourse. The substance trazodone has the ability to artificially increase the level of free serotonin and prolong arousal with erection (0. 15 grams per day, but in 2 doses, where the main part is drunk before bedtime, and only 1 /3 in the morning).
Don't forget about the "classics of the genre" in the form of sildenafil or tadalafil. I am able to increase potency regardless of the reasons for its decline at any age, but temporarily!!!
Compared to pharmaceuticals, herbal remedies have fewer side effects and pair better with alcoholic beverages, without which no romantic encounter is complete. On their list:
- A natural remedy in drops of aphrodisiacs and potency stimulants discovered by healers from different countries. They contain the popular fenugreek, African ginkgo biloba fruits, Peruvian poppy and Chinese ginseng. Can be combined with alcohol. The drug is dripped 7-8 drops under the tongue, morning and evening, washed down with any drink of your choice. The general course of potency increase lasts from a couple of weeks to a month;
- Tablet preparation based on halotrifalin. Contains extracts of damiana, wheat germ, poria cocos, dwarf lily and sarsaparilla. It is recommended to drink 1 tablet or 2 capsules per day, after meals, for 30 days. A single dose of a double dose allows you to increase potency after 15-20 minutes;
- A product in capsules to increase potency with an extremely diverse composition. Non-vegetable components include deer antlers, propolis and cedar resin. The herbal part of the drug to increase potency is represented by lovage, nettle, orchid, zhgun root (fruit), guarana, tribulus and red root. Men over the age of 60 are advised to take 1 capsule in the morning and evening, 5-7 consecutive days. So it's better to take a break for a week and repeat.
The differences between the use of food supplements developed by pharmacists and alternative medicine lie in the precise choice of some components. In this case, science borrowed a number of discoveries from healers. Only healers, unlike doctors, are more likely to rely on the so-called. adaptogens.
Folk remedies of plant, animal and mineral origin increase general vitality and immune defense (as a side effect increases potency). Official medicine considers the effect of such drugs to be too unpredictable, but folk medicine completely trusts them.
- Echinacea purpurea. 50 g of its roots are mixed with 20 g of Echinops seeds and 60 g of jarutka. Crush everything together with a pestle or grind it in a blender, pour 1 tbsp. L. the resulting base 250 ml of vodka. Cover with a ground cork and leave for a couple of weeks in a dark, warm corner, shaking occasionally. After the infusion, the product is filtered and drunk: 10 drops diluted in water, half an hour before meals, for 25-30 days.
- Parsnip, dandelion and nettle can also increase potency. To prepare a potion from them, 50 g of parsnip root is well washed and chopped, mixed with 100 g of young nettle and dandelion leaves taken. This "salad" can be seasoned with vegetable oil and vinegar and add moderate salt. You should eat 250-300 g per day, in any number of doses, for up to 2 weeks. Afterwards it is advisable to take a short break.
- Euphorbia. Its root is chopped, 10 g is separated and infused for a week in 0. 5 liters of vodka. Drain the raw materials through a colander and use a teaspoon (pre-dissolved in water) in the morning, at lunch and in the evening to increase cravings. The general course lasts 14 days.
Other methods and tips
There is always an alternative to taking natural, synthetic, hormonal and any other means of increasing potency. Physiotherapeutic procedures do not lose their relevance and effectiveness at 20 or 60 years of age and have no contraindications except for acute conditions where emergency care is required. The bodies of older men respond to physiotherapy even more readily than young men, and the positive changes are more noticeable.
- Physical exercise. Activity is useful at any age, but in old age, when the processes in the body slow down, the effect is felt better. The most useful gymnastic exercises for normalizing erectile function are: squats (if you cannot do them regularly, at least from the knees), Kegel technique, jumping rope, rhythmic rotations of the pelvis.
- Massage. Classic (back, testicles, penis) and exotic (Thai, Tuina, etc. ) options are suitable. At the age when pelvic congestion develops due to aging joints and muscles, you should visit a massage therapist at least once a week. This will improve overall health, increase the desire to have sex, and also restore the functionality of the pelvic organ.
- Hirudotherapy. The saliva of leeches of all types, including medical ones, contains hirudin, an anticoagulant enzyme that is slightly weaker than heparin. Treatment with them makes the blood thinner, helping to restore erection and prevent cardiovascular complications during sex. Self-treatment with leeches is difficult and harmful: this should be done only with the participation of a hirudotherapist.
After 60 years, the symptoms of prostatitis are typical for all men. They may be more or less obvious, but they are always there. This disease is dangerous due to complications on the urinary system. Furthermore, it reduces libido and worsens hormone levels.
Naturally, almost all older men want to know how to solve this problem. There are many tips on how to restore potency after 60 and maintain it:
- It is recommended to visit a qualified sexologist regularly. The specialist will determine the reasons for the weakening of potency or its risk and tell you what measures to take to eliminate the problem.
- Have sex regularly. Abstinence negatively affects the potency of any man, and especially the elderly. However, don't abuse promiscuous connections, otherwise there is the risk of other problems arising.
- Add more movement to your life, do sports. Any physical activity you enjoy will be fine.
- Do not overwork, do not allow frequent overwork. Get more rest.
- Limit your alcohol and tobacco consumption or, better yet, eliminate them completely.
- Control excess weight.
- Eat well. Reduce your intake of sweet, fatty and salty foods. This leads not only to potency problems, but also to many other diseases.
- Maintain a sleep schedule. Try to go to bed at the same time and get enough sleep.
Restoring potency after 60 years is an extremely difficult task. In this matter, a man will be helped by a proper diet and the consumption of a number of healthy foods, such as:
- beans and peas;
Unfortunately, a man is not always able to solve the problem of impotence by simply changing his lifestyle, diet and exercise. In a number of situations, only the use of special drugs will help, since they are now presented in a large assortment. There are various effective potency stimulants. They are available in all possible forms:
Medicines increase sensitivity and improve blood flow to the penis, but the effect of most of them, unfortunately, is temporary. The medicine will not eliminate the cause of impotence, but in some cases it will help to increase it. There are several drugs that differ in type:
- Hormonal. Activates the production of large amounts of male sex hormones.
- Phosphodiesterase inhibitors. Increases blood flow in the penis.
- Alternative. Homeopathic and natural herbal medicines to strengthen erection.
Creams and gels
This type of medicine has the following advantages:
- they not only treat, but can also be used as a prophylactic;
- have a rapid effect;
- hydrate the dermis;
- increase a man's stamina and, consequently, the duration of sexual intercourse;
- strengthen erection, dilate blood vessels;
- slightly increase the size of the penis;
- increase arousal;
- they do not negatively affect the condition and functioning of internal organs.
Here is a list of gels and creams that can be used to improve potency:
- Nitroglycerin ointment. Activates blood flow to the penis.
- Heparin ointment. Increases blood circulation in the pelvic area.
- A fast-acting medicine that provides an erection for a long time. It has a vasodilatory effect. Available in the form of cream and ointment.
- A gel that stimulates blood flow in the corpora cavernosa of the penis. It increases the size of the organ, quickly causes an erection.
- Spray that increases blood flow to the penis. Contains pheromones.
- Cream with vegetable oils, which is applied immediately before sexual intercourse. It increases its duration.
According to the reviews of most men suffering from impotence, the most effective drugs are in the form of injections. In this case it is inserted directly into the penis.
There are many drugs available that improve erection. A man must choose them individually. To do this, it is recommended to visit a qualified doctor who will identify the cause of impotence and suggest the best treatment methods. When choosing drugs, it is necessary to take into account age, body characteristics and the lifestyle that a man leads. He always studies the list of contraindications and takes medications exactly as indicated in the instructions.
Potency begins to decline at the age of 60. The speed of onset and hardness of erection decrease. However, there are special complexes against impotence for men of any age. They can be practiced both as prevention and as treatment. In most of them, the coccygeal-pubic muscle works, the strength of which determines the duration of the erection. This occurs because as it grows, blood flow to the penis area increases and it fills with a greater amount of blood. It should be noted such common exercises that are included in almost every morning exercise routine and are familiar to all men since childhood:
- march in place with knees high;
- pelvic rotation;
- stand on the "bridge";
There are also a number of special yoga asanas and a very effective Kegel exercise: to perform it during urination, a man must contract the PC muscle, which interrupts the flow. You can do this every time you go to the bathroom. This is one of the most famous and widely recommended exercises by doctors to achieve healthy power.
Potency can be restored at 60 years. For this, there are popular recipes for various decoctions, tinctures and mixtures:
- Ginger root. It is now widely used and available in any grocery store. It can be chopped and brewed with tea. It contains many vitamins and, in addition to potency, has a positive effect on the functioning of the entire body and also strengthens the immune system.
- Tincture from ginseng root. You need to cut 2 cm from the root, fill it with three liters of vodka or diluted alcohol and drink one glass a day. Adherents of traditional medicine claim that once impotence is cured with the help of ginseng, it will never recur.
- Celery. It can be eaten raw, juiced and mixed with other juices.
- Walnuts. You can mix it with dried fruits and consume it several times a day, washing it down with kefir. In addition to the benefits for male potency, this itself is an incredibly healthy and tasty blend.
- Honey with nuts. You can use any type. Take one tablespoon three times a day for a month. One course of treatment will allow a man to significantly increase potency.
In men over 60 years of age, increasing potency is an urgent problem. Only a person who pays attention to health all his life can maintain sexual tone and strength, but there are very few such people. It must be said that increasing potency in men after 60 requires a lot of effort, but it is more than possible.
With age, each person gradually begins to fade the basic functions of life. Very often, in the period after 55-60 years, in addition to emerging problems with the body and diseases, sexual life gradually fades away. Women begin menopause with all the phenomena that accompany it, desire decreases and men experience disruptions in erectile function. Many people struggle with disorders that negatively affect sexual activity.
Women usually tolerate the onset of decline in their sexual function much more easily; many prefer to stop having sex altogether. In men, due to sociocultural stereotypes, a natural weakening in this area can cause enormous insecurity, fear and depression. Therefore, upon reaching retirement age, representatives of the stronger half of humanity begin to actively fight to preserve and stimulate potency by various means. Medicines and folk remedies are used, as well as diets and physical activity.
Diagnosis and treatment of age-related potency problems
If a man's potency at the age of 60 begins to waver, constant problems with erection and ejaculation appear and this causes inconvenience, you should seek medical help.
Even in cases where an elderly person is quite satisfied with the decline in sexual function, it is necessary to periodically undergo examinations of the genitourinary system. This is necessary due to the high risk of inflammation or prostatic adenoma in men of retirement age.
Up to 50 years of age, the main factors in the development of erectile dysfunction remain psychological problems and an unhealthy lifestyle, as well as sexually transmitted infectious diseases. In adulthood, cardiovascular diseases, inflammation and prostatic adenomas occupy first place. The blood supply to the pelvic organs deteriorates, the walls of the veins become much more fragile, and the susceptibility to urethritis increases. Most often, impending problems with potency can be predicted by urination problems.
During the examination, the doctor collects the most complete medical history, finds out the presence of chronic or previously suffered diseases of the genitourinary system and spinal injuries, as well as previous surgical interventions. It is important to determine whether the patient has a hormonal imbalance and, if so, what exactly causes it. It is imperative to ask the patient about his psychological state and existing stressors. In most cases, the medical history and existing symptoms are sufficient to undergo the necessary tests.
Diagnostic procedures must necessarily include:
- digital rectal examination of the prostate to detect pain, inflammation and pathological enlargement;
- general blood and urine tests, penile smear for infectious diseases, sugar and cholesterol levels;
- ultrasound examination of the veins and arteries of the pelvic area, as well as the organs of the genitourinary system to detect vascular pathologies and possible neoplasms;
- analysis of hormone levels, for example testosterone, prolactin, prostate specific antigen, etc. ;
- if the patient is depressed and anxious, it is recommended to attend at least one consultation with a psychotherapist, and it is better to undergo several sessions to combat neuroses that affect potency.
In older men, diagnostics very often reveal problems with the cardiovascular system and the development of prostate diseases. The fight to preserve sexual function should, first of all, focus on eliminating underlying physical pathologies that interfere with the normal functioning of the erectile mechanism. But you should not think that potency after 60 years as a result of treatment increases to the levels of a man in his youth.
The natural decline of the gonads cannot be reversed; it is only possible to temporarily slow down its speed.
Folk remedies and diet to maintain potency
There are many popular recipes and tips on how to increase potency at 60 and maintain a harmonious and full sex life. In most cases they are based on herbal preparations and the consumption of certain foods that help stimulate sexual function. But before running to the pharmacy for tinctures and preparing decoctions, you should definitely consult your doctor and test for allergic reactions. This will help avoid unpleasant health consequences.
The most common herbal preparations and preparations recommended for stimulating potency:
- alcoholic tinctures of ginseng or eleutherococcus - produce a general strengthening effect, have a positive effect on the nervous system, adaptation to sleep and rest rhythms, increase immunity and the body's defenses, help overcome tiredness and drowsiness;
- herbs that have an anti-inflammatory effect will help in the fight against prostate diseases and urethritis, which are the main causes of potency problems in old age;
- As stimulants and aphrodisiacs it is recommended to use decoctions of coscuta, hemp seeds, St. John's wort, parsnip, dubrovnik, rowan berries, rose hips, etc. . But their use must be discussed with a doctor so as not to cause harm to oneself;
- Sometimes rather exotic substances are offered in the form of drugs that affect potency, for example antlers (deer antlers), musk deer flux or eating the genitals of large animals. There is no clinical evidence of the effectiveness of such folk medicines, and their alleged magical effects are based on primitive beliefs.
To maintain and stimulate potency, it is recommended to follow a diet, avoid the abuse of fatty and fried foods, foods rich in carbohydrates and abundant dressings with mayonnaise. This will help reduce blood sugar and cholesterol to normal levels and, if necessary, reduce weight. Diabetics, men suffering from obesity and cardiovascular diseases should especially adhere to the diet. It is recommended to drink special vitamin complexes and dietary supplements.
An elderly man needs to eat well and calculate his diet based on physical activity. It should be remembered that after 60 years the general metabolism begins to slow down, the need for consumed substances, large amounts of proteins and carbohydrates decreases. It is advisable to limit or eliminate fatty meat from your diet and replace it with fish, such as trout. You need to get enough vitamins, antioxidants and polyunsaturated fatty acids.
Preventive measures to maintain potency
In order for libido and erectile function to be preserved for as long as possible, in addition to diet and the elimination of harmful substances, it is necessary to adhere to a physical activity regime. You need to play sports to the best of your ability and strength, do not overdo the exercises, especially if you are not used to them. A minimum complex of exercises can be recommended by your doctor or any professional trainer. The lower body should be loaded first to stimulate blood circulation in the pelvic organs.
In addition to aerobic exercise, walking or jogging, you should perform strength exercises at an individual pace under the guidance of an experienced trainer. You can't rush lifting huge weights if you've never lifted a barbell before. You can start little by little and gradually. With age, muscle mass is increasingly replaced by fat mass; It is necessary to preserve muscle mass to support a rapid metabolism and the production of sufficient amounts of testosterone.
It is worth making your sexual life more measured, but regular, since longer breaks of several months between sexual acts contribute to a decrease in the activity of the glands. And they already decrease with age and stop working. But you can't rush into love adventures and try to set records, this is fraught with rapid overwork, breakdowns and failures in bed. If a man has complexes about age-related decline in libido, he should discuss it confidentially with his partner.